Sunday, March 1, 2009

Since the snow has melted very quickly, I might as well go and see about a chore.
Very strong storms blew through here last Friday morning... and with the rain came water dripping all the way to my 2nd floor carpet.
Time to get up on the roof and see what's up.
I am really afraid of doing things like this. I have to get the job done, though.

The view looking north:

I went up on the roof with my neighbor. He wanted to use my ladder as well and see if he had any possible problems as well (He saw none - lucky him).

The view towards the culprit - fireplace chimney.

Looky here! That's a great big hole! Time to head on over to Home Depot and get some roofing patch/tar.
Attic vent and Furnace vent look ok.
Notice the dents on top of the attic vent. Must have hailed mighty hard. No dents in my truck.


This stuff doesn't cover as much as I thought. There are so many gaps everywhere.

I better start filling every single hole that I find.



Well that's done. I've only got a little of the caulk-gun's tube left.

The wood board under this vent was wet. I better make sure the seal is ok.


I'll just wait and see..

No comments: